International Compost Awareness Week (also known simply as Awesome Week) is upon us. It runs May 3rd to the 9th.
It’s a big, big week here at C’sC World HQ.
Sounds like fun, eh? They don’t call it Awesome Week for nothing.
Here’s the Scoop:
1. Take the C’sC Promise (a grass-roots initiative designed to create awareness about the awesomeness of small-scale/backyard/neighborhood composting) and commit to being a Compost Champion HERE.
Promisees will be in the running for some fabulous prizes:
- Carter’s Compost Tshirts
- Traverse City Dirt Tshirts
- Rad C’sC decals
- BioBag MaxAir counter-top compost pails
- A ready to go worm bin with 1000 red wigglers
- 1 month of free bike-powered kitchen scrap pick-ups
- Buckets of 100% awesome neighborhood compost
2. Raise your right hand and repeat these words:
“I promise to be awesome and to try my best to compost my kitchen scraps. I will harness the power of the pile to reduce my waste, grow great garden soil and make [insert your town] greener than ever. I will be a Compost Champion and inspire my neighbors to be one, too. Yay, Compost!”
3. Post this blurb with #CompostChampion:
“I just took The Carter’s Compost Promise. I’ve committed to being a Compost Champion and will now be composting my kitchen scraps like a rock star.”
4. Be a Compost Champion by recycling your household kitchen scraps. You don’t have to be 100% awesome. Just try your best.
5. Give yourself a High Five for being awesome and helping to Green our planet.
Not sure how to compost your kitchen scraps? The EPA’s website is a good place to start: http://www.epa.gov/compost/
If you live in Traverse City, you can sign up for bike-powered pick-ups here: http://goo.gl/forms/XNVGjMR51X
or be awesome and share your pile with a neighbor here: http://goo.gl/forms/L1hSrNUVpq
Happy Compost Awareness Week and let’s Compost On! together, OK?