Spring has come early to Northern Michigan and we are so so so excited to ride bikes, sling buckets and get our hands dirty again.
This will be our 4th season (Whaa!?! How is that possible?) of bike-powered community composting and, as always, we’re Dreaming Big.
C’sC goals for 2015:
1. Help make Traverse City the most compost-errific town in
Michigan The Universe.
2. Help more (lots more!) youth start bike-powered bucket slinging operations in their Traverse City neighborhoods.
3. Help build 100 community/”sharing” compost piles in Traverse City.
4. Ride bikes. A lot.
5. Create a compost-y Map.
“TC as the most compost-errific town in The Universe sounds awesome. How can I help?”, you ask?
1. Become a Compost Champion HERE and commit to recycling your kitchen scraps. Grow Traverse City Dirt not Traverse City landfills.
2. Support your neighborhood Compost Boy or Girl. Like Amelia. Or Max. Or Noah and Elise. Or Jack. Or Katie. Or William. Or our newest SlabTown and Boardman bucket slingers, Kyan and Moses. They make composting super easy. Plus they’re awesome. Sign up HERE for weekly bike-powered pick-ups for just $10/month.
3. Share your pile. Because compost pile sharing is the best kind of sharing and a Traverse City that composts together, stays together. We’re at 19 sharing piles. Only 81 to go.
More info on the power of pile sharing and how it works HERE.
4. Ride bikes with us sometime. Our sister project, Norte!, has grown up into a legit nonprofit advocacy organization. They are dedicated to building a more bike-friendly Traverse City by inspiring youth through bicycles. Norte! has lots of cool things happening. Check’em out HERE.
5. We’re also creating a map. An awesome map, actually. A map to help connect experienced/knowledgeable TC composters with our neighborhood bucket slingers and other TC neighbors who might not have the space or know-how to compost. All you have to do it is share it with at least on neighbor. Sound awesome? Sign-up to share your pile HERE and help us grow our map.
Click the map to check it out in more detail:
Thanks for helping us to green Traverse City one bucket at a time by supporting bike-powered community composting.
We’ll see you around the ‘hood this spring and, please, Compost On!
Carter and Team